Did you know, sugarless gum can improve your oral health? Well, it’s true! Sugarless gum has many wonderful things to offer, which is why our team here at Lemon Grove Dental Group, Inc in Lemon Grove, California, is happy to tell you the five benefits of sugarless gum.
Keeping your teeth clean is important, which is why sugarless gum can be effective. Check out these benefits here:
– Sugarless gum helps after meals, but it is not a substitute for brushing and flossing each day.
– Sugarless gum can also prevent heartburn. This is beneficial because the acids in your esophagus can damage your teeth and weaken your enamel.
– Sugarless gum increases your saliva flow. Saliva washes away food particles, neutralizes acids produced by bacteria, and provides disease-fighting substances throughout the mouth.
– Studies have shown that chewing sugarless gum for at least 20 minutes after a meal can fight off cavities because of the saliva production.
– Sugarless gum should never be used if you experience any tooth sensitivity or jaw pain.
– Remember to choose sugarless gum that has been awarded the American Dental Association Seal of Acceptance.
As you can see, sugarless gum can help you keep your smile healthy and clean for years to come. If you have questions about your oral health, or feel it’s time for a checkup with your dentist, Dr. Richard Cavallaro, then call us today at 619-569-1925. Our team is happy to help in any way we can.